By Yair Ben-Dov
A Systematic Catalogue of Soft-Scale Insects is a synthesis and catalogue of the entire info released on 8 households of scale bugs (Hemiptera: Coccoidea) around the globe from 1758 to the current. facts is equipped on their right medical names, universal names, synonyms, taxonomy, host crops, distribution, traditional enemies, biology, and fiscal importance.
This booklet might be a useful compendium of organic and systematic details for zoologists, entomologists, crop defense experts, quarantine officials, scholars learning entomology and similar disciplines, and others who require information regarding scale bugs for learn and regulate projects.
- Aclerdidae - fifty seven species in five genera
- Asterolecaniidae - 229 species in 21 genera
- Beesoniidae - 15 species in 6 genera
- Carayonemidae - four species in four genera
- Conchaspididae - 29 species in four genera
- Dactylopiidae - 10 species in 1 genus
- Kerriidae - ninety seven species in nine genera
- Lecanodiaspididae - eighty two species in 12 genera
Read or Download A Systematic Catalogue of Eight Scale Insect Families (Hemiptera: Coccoidea) of the World: Aclerdidae, Asterolecaniidae, Beesoniidae, Carayonemidae, Conchaspididae, ... Kerriidae and Lecanodiaspididae PDF
Similar entomology books
Somebody wishing to faucet the examine power of the masses of Drosophila species as well as D. melanogaster will eventually have a unmarried entire source for making a choice on, rearing and utilizing this diversified staff of bugs. this is often the single staff of upper eukaryotes for which the genomes of 12 species were sequenced.
The publication is a sequel of the same publication, edited by way of Randolf Menzel and Alison Mercer, “Neurobiology and behaviour of Honeybees”, released in 1987. it's a “Festschrift” for the seventieth birthday of Randolf Menzel, who dedicated his existence to the subject of the ebook. The ebook will comprise an open remark for every part written via Randolf Menzel, and mentioned with the authors.
The publication provides a chronology of occasions of B. tabaci and geminiviruses, and an outline in the Caribbean and Latin the US. The pathosystems concerning Tomato yellow leaf curl virus, Cotton leaf curl virus and the cassava mosaic viruses are mentioned. facts is gifted on amino acid concentrations influencing B.
Greater than 2600 species of tiger beetles are discovered world wide. In North the USA there are 116 species of tiger beetle, divided into 153 geographically unique races. designated experiences in their average historical past, inhabitants dynamics, groups, styles of globally species richness, and taxonomy of specific subgroups have produced a lot info.
- Nematode Pathogenesis of Insects and Other Pests: Ecology and Applied Technologies for Sustainable Plant and Crop Protection (Sustainability in Plant and Crop Protection)
- Food Exploitation By Social Insects: Ecological, Behavioral, and Theoretical Approaches (Contemporary Topics in Entomology)
- Climate Change and Insect Pests (CABI Climate Change Series)
- Arthropod Vector: Controller of Disease Transmission, Volume 1: Vector Microbiome and Innate Immunity of Arthropods
- Short Views on Insect Genomics and Proteomics: Insect Proteomics, Vol.2 (Entomology in Focus)
- Attachment Structures and Adhesive Secretions in Arachnids (Biologically-Inspired Systems)
Extra resources for A Systematic Catalogue of Eight Scale Insect Families (Hemiptera: Coccoidea) of the World: Aclerdidae, Asterolecaniidae, Beesoniidae, Carayonemidae, Conchaspididae, ... Kerriidae and Lecanodiaspididae